Inmates considered Phase 1A eligible
Oregon's Governor Kate Brown has announced the prioritization for the next groups of Oregonians to be included in Oregon’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution schedule.
"By summer, provided supplies from the federal government continue as planned, any Oregonian who wants the vaccine will be eligible to receive it," said Governor Brown.
Phase 1b, Phase 2 Vaccine Prioritization
"Infection rates continue to plummet here in Oregon and across the country."
"Keep wearing your masks, physical distancing and limiting social gatherings."
Oregon’s Phase 1b prioritization schedule was based on the recommendations of the members of the Vaccine Advisory Committee
, with the goal of ensuring equitable distribution of vaccines to those communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19, including Black, Indigenous, Latino, Latina, and Latinx, Pacific Islander, and Tribal communities.
The VAC recommended prioritizing Oregonians with underlying conditions and frontline workers for vaccination.
Until March 29, Oregon will continue to vaccinate individuals only Oregon seniors, educators, inmates, and any individuals eligible in Phase 1a still remaining.
The vaccination of Oregonians for the continuation of Phase 1b will proceed in two waves.
Beginning March 29, the following groups of Oregonians will be eligible for vaccination:
No later than May 1, the following groups of Oregonians will be eligible:
- Adults age 45 to 64 with underlying health conditions as defined by the CDC
- Seasonally-impacted frontline workers, such as migrant seasonal farm workers, seafood and agricultural workers, and food processing workers
- Currently displaced victims of the September 2020 wildfires
- Wildland firefighters
- People living in low-income and congregate senior housing
- Individuals experiencing houselessness
- All other frontline workers as defined by the CDC
- Individuals age 16-45 with underlying health conditions
- Multigenerational household members
No later than June 1, Phase 2 of vaccination will begin with all adults aged 45 to 64. And, no later than July 1, all Oregonians 16 and over will be eligible to receive a vaccine.
|Post Date: 2021-03-02 20:40:47||Last Update: 2021-03-02 21:19:04|